Healthy Banana-Blueberry Muffins
from Everyday Food, January|February 2009
1 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 ripe bananas (about 1 lb)
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375. Prepare your muffin pans (for me the recipe made 24 baby muffins and 6 regular muffins).
2. Whisk together flours, wheat germ, baking soda, and salt.
3. Cream together butter and sugars with a mixer. Add eggs, beating well after each one.
4. In a separate bowl, mash bananas and stir in milk and vanilla. Add this mixture alternately with flour mixture to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries.
5. Bake about 20 minutes for baby muffins and 24 for regular muffins. We let them cool about 15 minutes out of the pan before sampling. Mmmm!