08 November 2006

peppercam, now with beady eyes!

Actually, I think they are more Strong Sad-y than beady. Hey, we can’t all be Edward Gorey. Although I'm not ashamed to admit I’ve tried in more than one graphic design class. Some of us think we’re being all spooky and disturbing and it just comes out all orange and curly. Kind of like when Butters on South Park tries to become a super-villain but only comes up with “Professor Chaos” and wears a tin foil super suit.

Well, I was needing a little art project and am actually pretty happy with it. I can’t imagine being original and artistic every month, dooce style. Although maybe if I had a chopstick-balancing, wig-wearing, retractable-fanged dog, I would be more inspired. Or maybe then I would have even less time because I would be taking care of a stupid dog.

Now I can get back to my previous art project, Bella Bunny—-cutest knitting project ever. Last night at Stitch n Bitch I finished her ear. This was unfortunate for Bella Bunny, because last night Dunn Brothers was indistinguishable from Como Zoo monkey island. Not only was crazy cabaret guy there singing (thankfully, NOT about John Kerry killing babies) while banging on the piano, but crazy bean roaster employee was also there doing her spring cleaning on the roaster, complete with shop vac (shop vacs are for This Old House SHOPS, crazy bean roaster lady, NOT coffee shops during peak coffee shop time) and oven-cleaning-cycle-like smoky haze. Add to that my favorite part, the frosting on the vacuum-cabaret cake, the woman at the adjacent table who had just FOUND HER BOYFRIEND on the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehensions website. I know this because she was heatedly describing his criminal record in detail to someone over her cell phone and I could just (nosily, I admit) pick up phrases like, “identity theft” and “his alias is Lamont” (incredulous) and “once a felon, always a felon.” I wonder if Lamont voted for Amy Klobuchar.

8 comments:

1. Heyyyy, snazzy new design! I love it! Orangey pumpkiny goodness AND a super-adorable little Pepper with the cutest feet ever. (And yeah, I see the Strong Sad resemblance. But I love Strong Sad, so that's cool.) Did you create the font, too? Very neato. So neato I'm willing to overlook your slur against Chuck, but just this once.

Posted by no name slob

ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just here to 'tag' the new site.

hello.

-matt

Posted by matt

ReplyDelete
  3. Site tag! I always enjoy sports played while sitting in a chair.
    Oh, and I didn't mean it as, "then I would be taking care of stupid CHUCK." It was just a general dog sentiment. They're smelly and needy and I already have several things like that. But I'm sure Chuck is different.

Posted by Amy

ReplyDelete
  4. Cool new design! I like your laugh after the pumpkin explosion too. It sounds like you were surprised at how efficient it was.

Posted by click

ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and it's me again, but I thought you didn't go to DB for SnB anymore (acronym overload! AO!)...? What happened to the ice cream place? Or was that just a summer thing?

In any case, I demand pictures of the finished Bella Bunny. Maybe even photos of the unfinished Bella Bunny. Work in progress, you know. Perhaps she could have her own Flickr set.

Posted by no name slob

ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to say that no I didn't by any means make the font. Font-making is a mysterious and magical thing, and I have only a vague idea how it works. The font is actually (hope I dont' get in trouble with whoever made it..Thanks by the way!) Sybil Green.

Also, yes SnB is back at DB, which is the decided upon winter location. I could complain about this but instead I will just say this: fresh, hot, rice krispie bars.

Posted by amy

ReplyDelete
  7. the pumphouse creamery is open thursday through sunday all winter.

they have pumpkin ice cream
    and... black berry merlot sorbet!

man... i love my hood.

Posted by matt

ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete